Communications and the Internet
Navigant Economics provides a full range of economic, litigation, and business strategy consulting services for leading telecommunications, Internet, and content companies. Our experts have testified and consulted in connection with litigation and regulatory proceedings in Federal and state courts, before regulatory bodies, before the United States Congress, and in international venues in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, and elsewhere.
Our practice combines a sophisticated understanding of appropriate economic models and approaches with our experts' deep industry knowledge acquired through extensive experience with communications and Internet issues and companies. In our past engagements, our experts have provided analysis of virtually the entire range of communications and Internet industry issues, including:
- antitrust and merger analysis in the communications, software, hardware and content sectors;
- network unbundling, "universal service," pricing, regulatory design, and "net neutrality" issues affecting telecom and cable firms;
- program access and program carriage issues affecting telcos, cable operators, and cable networks;
- retransmission consent and other content-related issues;
- issues that arise in class actions;
- damages, irreparable harm, and business valuation modeling;
- cost modeling;
- wireless spectrum allocation, valuation, and regulation.
(See also our Auctions and Market Design practice.)